We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data. We will respect any personal data you share with us and keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your personal data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will collect, use and store your personal data. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time so please check it regularly. If there are significant updates, we will notify you.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Pioneer Trust (Pioneer), a charitable company registered in England and Wales with Companies House under registration number 06037849 and registered with the Charity Commission under registration number 1118766.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pioneer Trust (Pioneer) collects and uses your personal information to operate both the Pioneer and Pioneer Connexions websites and deliver the services you have requested. Pioneer also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other services available from Pioneer and its affiliates. Pioneer may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Pioneer does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. In addition, Pioneer may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Pioneer, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Pioneer keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within pioneer.org.uk and pioneerconnexion.com, in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customised content and advertising within Pioneer to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Pioneer will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Pioneer or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Pioneer; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Pioneer, or the public.
Both pioneer.org.uk and pioneerconnexion.com use “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default, but you can change this setting. For instructions on how to find and accept/reject cookies for your browser, please read its help information.
Pioneer hold no responsibility for third party websites. When you click on the links from pioneer.org.uk and pioneerconnexion.com – please check with their respective privacy policies to understand their GDPR compliance.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pioneer secures your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Pioneer secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
WHAT LAWFUL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- The lawful bases that we rely on for processing your personal data are:
- You have provided your consent to us using your personal data for a specific purpose:
- We will ask for your consent to use your personal data to send you electronic communications such as newsletters and emails.
- You have provided your consent to us using your personal data for a specific purpose:
- You always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject:
- This would include where we have to retain certain records, for example. Or where we are required to disclose personal data to any regulators or law enforcement agencies.
- It is within our legitimate interests.
- Applicable law allows personal data to be collected and used if it is reasonably necessary for our legitimate interests or a third party’s legitimate interests (as long as the processing is fair, balanced and does not unduly impact individuals’ rights). We will rely on this ground to process your personal data when it is not practical or appropriate to ask for your consent, and where we are confident that this will not impact your rights.
- Our legitimate interests are achieving our mission. Both pioneer.org.uk and pioneerconnexion.com facilitates this mission.
- We also have a legitimate interest in providing useful reports and feedbacks to Members and, in an anonymous form.
- We will also rely on our legitimate interests for the proper administration of Pioneer, and to manage our operations (for example, maintaining appropriate records and databases).
- When we process your personal data to achieve such legitimate interests, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, for example where use would be excessively intrusive (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
SENSITIVE OR SPECIAL CATEGORY DATA
We do not anticipate collecting large amounts of sensitive data from you (i.e. data on health, ethnicity, race, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, sex life or sexual orientation).
Where we do collect such sensitive data from you, we will ensure that we obtain your prior explicit consent. You always have the right to withdraw your consent.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
We will contact you by post, and where you have provided consent, also by telephone and e- mail, to let you know about our events and activities that might be of particular interest to you; about the work of Pioneer more generally. We provide the opportunity for you to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications every time we contact you.
You can opt-out from receiving our marketing communications, or update your contact preferences at any time by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to restrict processing
In certain circumstances you have a right to require us to stop processing your personal data in a particular way.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request that your personal data is erased from our database in certain circumstances.
Right of access
You have a right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold about you. If you want to access your personal data, please send a description of the personal data you want to see and proof of your identity to email@example.com and is free of charge.
Right to rectification
We also want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your details change. You may also ask us to correct or remove personal data which is inaccurate.
Right to object
You can also opt-out of receiving all or some of our marketing communications or request that we stop processing personal data about you for certain purposes at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Right to data portability
In certain circumstances you have a right to data portability which means we will provide you (or a third party you nominate) with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please note that you may only use/ benefit from some of these rights in limited circumstances. For more information, we suggest that you consult guidance from the Information. Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or please contact us using the details below
We keep personal data for as long as there is a need to keep it in connection with the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. In the event that you ask us to stop sending you marketing communications, we will retain certain details, such as your name, to help us ensure that you are not contacted again.
Changes to your Details
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us as set out below.
Changes to this Notice
Pioneer will occasionally update this Notice of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Pioneer encourages you to periodically review this Notice to be informed of how Pioneer is protecting your information.
Pioneer welcomes your comments regarding this Notice of Privacy. If you believe that Pioneer has not adhered to this Notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.